Friday, March 26, 2010

Advice to Baruch College

One of the things I think Baruch should do is create more online classes. This makes it much easier for working students and students who otherwise don't have time to physically go to classes on a predetermined schedule. New media would be incorporated because it is mostly online. Blogs, wikis, twitter, etc would be the main means of communication between the professor and students. I think that this would require a professor who is very familiar with these technologies and students who have some basic experiences with them.
One of the ideas that Fix Baruch (USG candidates) is exactly this. I think that online classes would free up some space around campus (less people walking around), and would encourage the creation of new classes.

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with your post because I, myself would love to take more online classes, due to the great experience I had from taking this course. I believe it makes it easier on the students by giving the opportunity to take online courses and also gives them the flexibility to take more credits than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beata Mavridis said....

    I absolutely agree with you. Many students have very hectic schedules, and it would be easier for them to go over the lectures and assignments posted on the blackboard.

    ReplyDelete